5.20.2008

history


we found a box of old photos from papa's childhood...

highschool senior...
mom says, "this is the man i fell in love with"
stud city

at fourteen... which is wacky

grandpa and grandma vrazo

photo left: uncle tim, papa (doug), uncle joe
photo middle: grandpa john holding baby papa
photo right: uncle matt showing off papa's booka...
which says "olympic champ"

papa and uncle tim rocking hard

papa as toddler/gunslinger of detroit
the creative genius of this one is so accidental and grand

documentation of just what a style icon my papa is.
check out the suit... and vest... and hair
amazing

favourite
grandma mary loving on baby papa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are fantastic! I love how you have them in the grass... whether or not you intended the 'pun'... "grass=roots=history". Love it.

Lisa C. Vrazo said...

how cool! thanks for sharing. and i LOVE the way you set up the shots with the grass. i'll be sure to forward this to ben.

Emma Pearl said...

I LOVE old family photos:) And the greenness in the back is the perfect set-up.

Emma

Kris said...

Happy Birthday ( a day late) Abi!
Yesterday I wanted to use up some sugar cookie dough so the little boys and I were making some cookies. We had some frosting and sprinkles too and Jed said "Why are we making these?" ( because we never make sugar cookies with sprinkles and frosting unless there is something to celebrate :)

I fished around in my brain for a reason and came up with your birthday! So thanks for giving us an excuse to have a sweet treat :) Hope your day was great!

xoA Krissy and all

emme said...

I *love* old photos! These are so neat...

~Emily

Unknown said...

My comment is only a year and some months late (!) but I stumbled on these via a google search and WOW what a find. I've never seen a number of these so that's a real bonus. The one of mom holding "Dougie" (Joey, Timmy, Dougie, etc.) is awesome and I immediately recognized the great uncle Leo's (Festian) cabin not far from Gaylord, MI. Thanks, Abi!

Unknown said...

PS. Your dad's style ethos is quite refined but he got that from me (ref. painters pants and straw footbed flip-flops, ha-ha) but, alas, we ALL got it from your uncle Matt (RIP).