6.05.2009

on being

"it blew me away"

how many times have i heard or said that?

read this quote in a book...
and it had never stopped me before.
then i realized...
when we are amazed,
awed,
surprised,
in a way, we have ourselves (Me) blasted aside.

it's an apt saying.
when moments of great beauty, joy or even shock are made known;
then the mask of Me is momentarily absorbed by that moment,
Me ceases.

i'd always taken this expression as...
"blown like a tumbleweed by a force of greatness."
and in my head the camera pans to follow Me pushed aside so roughly.

but in truth,
the focus is on the moment.
Me ripped aside,
like a frail, clouded tissue on the lens.

it's the same for:
"I lost myself in the moment"
or
"forgot myself"
If thou could empty all thyself of self, Like to a shell disinhabited
T.E.Brown

i am delighted when words gain depth.

*smile*





1 comment:

Leah said...

That picture is sheer poetry.
As are your words.