3.04.2008

random and uninteresting story

This morning I filled my tires with air.

Encrusted in the grime on the circumference it says (44psi). Which after a short and very humiliating lesson with Jaime, I learned to mean "pounds per square inch". I wonder which 'p' was dropped; pounds or per?

So there I am at the little air pump... with obviously low tires. I've been driving on them for weeks hoping that strong gales would seep in... or perhaps Brownies were real and would come and blow in them... wait... aren't Brownies usually mischievous?

I stick the pump in and after about 4 minutes figure out how to use it.

It has an automatic reader that tells you with a satisfying 'click' just how much air you DO have.

*click*
15psi

*laugh*

Now I have plump tires and black fingernails.
Hurrah for overcoming challenges.

2 comments:

Leah said...

Fellow bloggie convert. I applaud the switch, it's a good idea.
If I may say so myself. :)

Anonymous said...

isn't it amazing how accomplished it makes you feel to learn how to do something so simple as fill your tires with air? i remember when dad showed me how to do that and also to check my oil... haha, a momentous day. : )